Two Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

I think my love for all things Fall is well established.  So when I first heard about this recipe a few weeks ago from someone on Twitter, I knew I had to try it.  Unfortunately, the person on Twitter didn’t mention what the 2 ingredients were, so I had to do some research.  I eventually learned that all you needed for this recipe is a box of spice cake mix and a can of pure pumpkin.  How easy is that?  I found several bloggers had tried it, but they had all added to it in some way (nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.).  I soon became determined to try it in its original 2 ingredient form.  To make it even better, I found some references to this being an old Weight Watcher’s recipe.  A simple recipe that isn’t so bad for you?  I’m in!

What you will need: (makes about 15 muffins)

1 spice cake mix

1 can of pure pumpkin

Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease muffin cups or use cupcake liners.

Step 2 – Mix both ingredients until smooth.  The pumpkin makes this step difficult.  I used my mixer on high for about 2 1/2 – 3 minutes.

Step 4 – Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

Step 5 – Bake for 19 minutes.

Step 6 – Remove from oven and allow to cool.

These took about 25 minutes, total.  About 5-6 minutes prep time and 19 minutes in the oven.  They are so incredibly good.  The hardest part for me was finding a spice cake mix.  I went to 3 different sores before I finally found one.  Yep, that’s right, I went to more stores to find the ingredients, than actual ingredients in the recipe.  Definitely worth it though.

In the end I couldn’t help but adding a third ingredient.  There goes the “not so bad for you” part of the recipe.

Related posts:

Comments

1. Grettel says:

Looks yummy, will definitely try. Thanks for sharing!!! Hugs ;)

2. Michelle says:

I just saw the same exact ingredients in a pumpkin cookie! How easy are these muffins?!? That’s great. Gonna have to go buy some spice cake mix!! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

3. Jennifer says:

So awesome that this was a Weight Watchers recipe!! I didn’t know that! I agree with you, I didn’t add a thing and they were delish!! I did the yellow mix but am gonna try the spice next. Yum!
    Coming from the Homemakeer on a Dime linky!

4. I was stopping by for the Monday Mingle Blog Hop to following u, but it appears I am already following u via twitter @sesynurse. So I had to say hi and tell u that recipe looks yummy. Think I may try it with Yams because my family is not too big on Pumpkin. Cute baby too. Stop by & say hi sometimes! http://detroitmomandherviews.blogspot.com

5. snosler says:

Well aren’t you super clever – bet they made the house smell awesome! Stopping in to follow and say hey from the blog hop – hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon! http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com

6. Lindsay says:

I have yet to try pumpkin muffins. But this recipe looks so easy and it sounds so yummy! I need to try this.

7. Laura says:

MMMMM looks good:) Thanks for linking up for Footloose and Fancy Free:)

8. Jenny says:

I agree…..gotta have that cream cheese frosting with anything pumpkin YUM!! Love your blog – hopping by from Keepin’ Company Thursday…and I will be your newest follower!

9. Katina says:

Love this! I am ALL about an easy recipe! Following you from Monday Mingle!

10. Sara says:

I have been craving something made with pumpkin … that seems so easy! Right up my about to pop out a baby alley.

11. Megan says:

Dying here, I love anything pumpkin! Thanks for the recipe! Oh so easy, love it!

Megan

new follower!

12. angie says:

yummy

13. Beki says:

Looks delicious! I am your newest follower! You can visit me at http://mymodernguide.blogspot.com

Beki :)

14. rumpydog says:

I like easy! That sounds easy!

Trackbacks

1. [...] 1. Two Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins from Diary of a Working Mom 2. Savory Pumpkin Soup from Someday I’ll Learn 3. Pumpkin Poppers from Clever Housewife 4. Delicious Pumpkin Bread from Taking Time for Mommy 5. Pumpkin Pancakes from Musings from a Stay at Home Mom 6. Pumpkin Oatmeal from East 9th Street 7. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Annie’s Eats 8. Pumpkin Spice Bread from Taste of Home 9. Pumpkin Monkey Bread from East 9th Street 10. LIBBY’S Pumpkin Roll from Very Best Baking 11. Pumpkin Doughnuts from Annie’s Eats 12. Pumpkin Smoothie from About a Mom 13. Light and Fluffy Pumpkin Pie from Life With Levi 14. Pumpkin Pecan Pie from Shopaholic Mommy 15. Spiced Pumpkin Butter from Better Homes & Gardens 16. Easy Pumpkin Fudge from Tales from the Nursery 17. Pumpkin Pie Bars from The Life of Rylie…and Bryce Too 18. Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream from Welcome to the Motherhood 19. Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins from Lilac City Momma 20. Pumpkin Maple Quinoa Granola from Clean Eating Chelsey 21. Pumpkin Mac and Cheese from Better Homes & Gardens 22. Pumpkin Ginger Cookies with Butter Frosting from The Healthified Mom 23. Pumpkin Gingerbread with Pumpkin Pie Granola Topping from Confessions of an Overworked Mom [...]